Thursday, February 25, 2010

This is a challenge only the biggest of the biggest Movie Buff may be able to handle...Be Afraid Be Very Afraid

This is my challenge...much in the style of Julie Powell's Julie/Julia Project I am challenging my self...A self proclaimed Classic Movie Goddess to watch all 81* Best Picture winners of the Academy Awards and at the same time chronicle each viewing experience on this blog. I will be beginning this quest on Thursday February 25, 2010 and intend on completing it by 12:00 am Sunday April 25, 2010. To you this may seem like a ridiculous way to spend your time but for me its viewing history. Films have been around since 1890 with the creation of "Strongman Shadow" since then this art form had come along way to today's amazing 3 Dimensional creations such as "Avatar", for which I have STILL not seen. Looking back on films of the past we can see that not only stories and characters are expressed but social, historical, political, artistic and emotional aspects are conveyed. This is why I love movies so much. I love just escaping into that world in which the film has created. So this is not only a challenge of mental stamina but a study into the history of the motion picture arts. Here begins my journey into the unknown...the movie unknown anyway.
So here's how it works, I will watch each Best Picture movie that has won an Academy Award. After watching each film I will post the film title, a summary and my views on it. Agree or disagree everyone has their opinions and this is mine. First up: "Wings" (1927) Starring Charles "Buddy" Rogers, Clara Bow and Richard Arlen.
81* This year's Academy Awards will be broadcast on Sunday March 7, 2010, the 82nd movie to win Best Picture will be announced but released later in the year not making it possible for me to see it within the timeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment